You've decided to move and now you're wondering what to do next. Tips to make packing for your big day a little less stressful:
1. Compare written in-home estimates, make sure the moving company actually comes to your home to give you an estimate. It is much more accurate if they come to your home and it's not done over the phone or internet.
2. Make sure to pack ahead of time and don't procrastinate. It will only cause unnecessary stress if you wait to start packing.
3. Stock up on all your packing supplies. Grocery and retail stores are great places to get boxes and don't forget tape and bubble wrap.
4. Pack with items you already have. You can use baskets, towels, containers, suitcases, etc to save on the cost of buying materials.
5. Label, label, label... this will be a huge time saver in the end. Knowing what's inside the box will make it easier to put the box in the proper spot once you get to your new home.
6. If children are involved, get them helping. Have them pack their room or an area of the house. This will help keep them excited about the upcoming change.
7. When packing plants, keep them in open boxes to keep them watered. Same goes for animals, DO NOT pack them up. Make sure you are finding time to play with your animals while packing up, moving can be stressful on pets as well. Keep them hydrated and fed and their routine as normal as possible.
8. If there are any changes to be made to your new home, such as painting, do so before moving furniture and boxes in if you can. It's easier to paint before adding the contents to your home.
9. Prepare a box or boxes that are load last boxes. Items in this box are items you need immediately in your new home such as toiletries, medications, sheets, towels, etc.
10. Don't think you have to unpack in one day, it can be a daunting process but take it one room at a time and enjoy your new home!